An authentic tourist resort, with clean, golden beaches of outstanding quality. Modern buildings and wide avenues, hotels to suit everyone, a warm climate encouraging visitors to come 365 days a year. Whether you want an active or a peaceful and relaxing holiday - it's yours for the asking, day or night. Nightlife or beachlife. And above all, a city which is accustomed to giving its all, in order to make guests feel at home.
Benidorm, following the opening of its "Terra Mitica" theme park, is a new venue for discovering Mediterranean civilizations. A place where culture and entertainment join hands for people of all ages.
What to do in Benidorm
- Any day is a good day for swimming and sunbathing on the magnificent golden beaches of fine sand in the town: either the Levante beach, or the Poniente beach, or the smaller Mal Pas beach.
- Stroll through the narrow streets of the old town centre and then climb up to the Castle lookout for a magnificent view of the bay of Benidorm.
- At lunch or dinnertime, try some local fresh fish or the traditional rice dishes.
- At night, enjoy Benidorm's famous nightlife and see all the pubs, discos and bars. Whatever your age or preference, you're sure to find something you like.
- Take a boat ride to the island of Benidorm, where you can see a rich variety of protected marine species around the shores of this marine reserve.
- From Benidorm, take a trip inland and visit tiny, enchanting villages like La Nucia, Polop, Callosa d'En Sarrià, Guadalest, Finestrat and discover the beauty of the mountains overlooking the sea.
- Throughout the year, enjoy the many festivities held in Benidorm: the Carnival in February, followed by the Fallas in March, the Hogueras (bonfires) in June, the Moors and Christians later on... and a long list of fiestas right through to November, when the town's patron saint, our Lady of Suffrage and St James, is celebrated.
- Find time for your favourite sport: gymnastics on the beach, snorkelling around the island, water-skiing, sailing, athletics, tennis, horse riding, golf, hang gliding or whatever.
- Before leaving, buy a souvenir for someone back home at any of the many shops in town: crafts, fashion, antiques and more.
- Visit the nearby towns of Altea, Benidorm filled with charm, and stroll round its attractive fishermen's quarter, l'Alfàs del Pi, now home to many Europeans who appreciate its unbeatable climate and spectacular landscape between the sierra Helada and the sea, Ia Vila Joiosa, one of the most picturesque pueblos on the Costa Blanca.